Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
Rope Climb Practice
Take 10-15 minutes to practice rope climb technique and/or proficiency.
“Hanging By A Moment”
5 Rounds For Time:
60 Double Unders
9 Hang Power Cleans 155 / 105 lb
1-2-3-4-5 Rope Climbs
Rest 1 Minute After Each Round
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– In this grip and shoulder burner we’ll work through 5 intervals of double unders, hang power cleans, and an ascending ladder of rope climbs. We’ll rest 1 minute between round to catch our breath and shake out the arms.
– The double unders should take less than 1:30.
– The hang power cleans should take under 1:00. The weight should be on the moderate side but we should be able to complete the reps unbroken each round.
– The rope climbs should take less than :30s each.
– It will be the athlete’s job to note down the time on the clock at the completion of each round and start their next round exactly 1 minute from then.
– Score: Total time including rest. Make note of how long each round took in your notes if you’d like to have it.
– Try to stay as relaxed as possible on the jump rope. Keep the shoulders down and the grip loose.
– Use the hook grip on the hang power cleans to ensure that you do not lose the barbell due to grip fatigue. Bumping the bar off the quads is the quickest way to get through them. If you are not confident in cycling the bar using the “”bump clean,”” a traditional hang clean works well here too.
– Be patient on the rope climbs with your foot clamps. We want to give ourselves a solid foot lock so that we do not use the arms more than we need to. See if you can make it up the rope in 3 pulls or less.
– 1.5x Single Unders
– Line Hops
HANG POWER CLEANS
– Double Dumbbell
– Single Dumbbell
– Russian Kettlebell Swings
– 2 Strict Pull-Ups + 2 Toes To Bar = 1 Rope
– 5 Ring Rows = 1 Rope
– Reduce Height