Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
Metcon (5 Rounds for reps)
Legless Rope Climb
[BASED ON 3 MINUTE MAX LEGLESS TEST]
1-3 Reps: 1-1-1-1-1
4-6 Reps: 3-2-1-1-1
7+ Reps: 4-3-3-2-1
Rest as needed between sets
– We will be using our max reps score from last week to determine our work to do here.
– Take note of the amount of time needed between sets in order to see progress as we move forward with this progression.
– We can use our feet on the way down.
– If we had to reduce the height last week to complete our reps, let’s do the same height here. But as we get stronger throughout the cycle, we can look to increase that climb height
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
“Bait & Switch”
2 Ring Muscle-ups
4 Power Snatches 135 / 95 lb
8 Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
[On the 0-5-10-15]:
500 Meter Row
– Conditoning Category: Pacer
– The 500m row should take less than 2:20 each time we need to hop back on. If needed, reduce the distance.
– The muscle-ups should be completed unbroken each round. If needed, reduce to 1 rep or modify the movement.
– The snatches should be at a weight where we can maintain steady singles throughout the workout.
– Each full round should take between 1-2 minutes.
– Only the rounds and reps of the muscle-ups, snatches, and box jump overs will count towards our score.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
– The workout will begin with a 500m row before athletes can begin to work on the triplet of muscle-ups, snatches, and box jump overs.
– Every 5:00, athletes will return to the rower to complete another 500m.
– With the row taking up between 7-9 minutes of the workout, we will be left with about 12 minutes (give or take) to accumulate reps of the triplet for our score. With this in mind, we need to work diligently. Focus on quick transitions and find a “cruise control” pace as you work through your triplet rounds.
– We want to recover a bit on the rower. Going too fast just to gain an extra 10 seconds will potentially do more harm than good.
– Be disciplined at the barbell. Don’t allow time to drift by with rest periods between reps.
– Stepping down off the box will likely be the best way to stay moving and allow for a quick transition to the rings. Time can easily tick away before hopping up for muscle-ups.
500 METER ROW
– 400m Run
– 1000m Bike
– 400m Ski
– 300m Air Run
– Bar Muscle-Up
– Banded Ring Muscle-Up
– Burpee Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
– Single Dumbbell
– Double Dumbbell
– Power Clean
BOX JUMP OVER
– Box Step Over
– Box Jump