Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
1 Power Snatch
1 Overhead Squat
1 Snatch Balance
1 Hang Squat Snatch
Rest as needed between sets.
– Working with light loads across to allow athletes to focus on speed and positioning. Complete all reps within the complex unbroken.
– Rest as needed between sets. Resting roughly 1-2 minutes should suffice.
– Score is heaviest load lifted for the day.
All percentages are based on 1RM Snatch.
Set 1 – 40%
Set 2 – 45%
Set 3 – 50%
Set 4 – 55%
Sets 5+6+7 – 60%
“The Amanda Show”
1 Mile Run
Squat Snatches 135 / 95 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The 1 mile run should take 10 minutes or less.
– “Amanda” should also take 10 minutes or less.
– If you cannot complete 10+ unbroken ring muscle-ups when fresh, reduce the reps slightly or modify the movement.
– The weight on the barbell should be something you could complete 10+ squat snatches unbroken when fresh.
– Score: Total Time
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Find a steady pace on the run. We want to be conservative here knowing that we have high skill movements coming up next. Purposefully slow your pace the last 100-200m in order to be able to hop right up on the rings when you get in.
2. The number of ring muscle ups each round should be something you can complete the reps in no more than 2 sets. With that being said, we also want to make sure our breaks are short and that we control the rings when we need to break so that we don’t need to spend time trying to stop them from swinging before hopping back up.
3. While the squat snatches are at a relatively light weight, going singles here may be the best way for athletes to maintain big sets on the muscle ups. Going with quick singles will also keep the heart rate at bay. If you are a gymnastics ninja, touch and go sets on the snatches is also an option.
4. The key thing in the second part of the workout is to stay composed. We want to stay calm and in control to avoid mistakes or getting ahead of ourselves.
1 MILE RUN
– 4,000m Bike
– 2,000m Row
– 1,200m Air Run
– 1,600m Ski
– 120 x 10m Shuttle Runs
– Bar Muscle-Ups
– Reduce Reps (7-5-3 or 5-3-1)
– Jumping Ring Muscle-Ups
– 2x Ring Dips
– Reduce Weights
– Hang Squat Snatches
– Power Snatches
– Hang Power Snatches
– Single Dumbbell Squat Snatches
– Single Dumbbell Power Snatches (2x Reps)