Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
21 Kettlebell Swings 53 / 35 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– “Helen” is a classic benchmark that was last completed on 10.16.2020
– The runs should be completed in under 2:30.
– The kettlebell swings are full swings that finish all the way overhead. Choose a weight that you can complete the swings unbroken every round. This station should take under 45s to complete.
– We want to complete the pull-ups in 1-2 sets every round. Reduce the reps if needed. This station should take under 45s to complete.
1. Anytime we have a benchmark like this, we’re looking to get outside our comfort zone.
2. The first priority of this workout is big sets of swings and pull-ups 3. If you’re confident with 21 + 12 unbroken, look to find the *max* run pace that still allows for unbroken sets.
4. If the inside movements will be more challenging, slow down your run a little to maximize your ability on the swings and pull-ups.
5. We want seamless transitions between movements. As soon as you complete one movement think “how quickly can I start the next?”
400 METER RUN
– 500 Meter Row
– 1000 Meter Bike
– 400 Meter Ski Erg
– 300 Meter Trueform or Air Runner
– 30 Shuttle Runs [10 Meters]
21 KETTLEBELL SWINGS
– 30 Single Arm Russian Dumbbell Swings
– 21 Odd Object Ground to Overhead
– Reduce Reps
– Banded Pull-ups
– Ring Rows
– 12 Inverted Bar Rows
– 12 Dumbbell Rows From Plank Position (12 Each Side)