Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
Back Squat Benchmark
Squat Cleans 135 / 95 lb
(10:00 Time Cap)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The weight on the bar should be a weight that we could complete 15+ squat cleans unbroken when fresh.
– The ring dips are kipping ring dips. If you cannot complete 10+ ring dips unbroken when fresh, reduce the reps.
– This is meant to be a quick workout, so scaling appropriately is important here.
– The 21’s should be completed in under 4:00
– The 15’s should be completed in under 3:00
– The 9’s should be completed in under 2:00
– Score: Time
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. We can approach the squat cleans in a couple different ways. We could aim for 2-4 sets and cycle the bar the whole workout. We could alternate between sets and singles. Or we could go quick singles.
2. Kipping ring dips are a movement we don’t complete all too often within a workout. Even though we are able to kip, these are typically a movement limited by muscle fatigue/failure. We can manage this early on by being a little more conservative with our sets. Aim for sets of 3, 5, or 7 throughout if this is not a movement you are super comfortable with. Athletes who are more comfortable with these can aim for bigger sets.
– Power Cleans
– Double Dumbbell Squat Cleans
– 12-9-6 Strict Ring Dips
– Bar Dips
– Box Dips
– Bench Dips
– Use a Banded
– Feet Supported Ring Dips
– Jumping Ring Dips