Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
75 Toes to Bar
– The ability to manage big sets of gymnastics movements can make or break a workout.
– Think of a number that we can repeat over the course of the workout.
– We don’t want to get to a point where we are staring at the bar or down to slow singles.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. An early large set is fine to get us out in front, but we need to think about what reps 50-75 are going to feel like and manage our sets around that.
2. Repeatable sets is a good way to go after this with quick rest in between. Below is a few ways to approach these reps.
3 Sets: 25’s
4 Sets: 20-20-20-15
5 Sets: 15’s
6 Sets: 15-15-15-10-10-10
7 Sets: 15-10-10-10-10-10-10
8 Sets: 10-10-10-10-10-10-10-5
9 Sets: 10-10-10-8-8-8-7-7-7
10 Sets: 8-8-8-8-8-8-7-7-7-6
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 1 Round of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 2 Rounds of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 3 Rounds of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 4 Rounds of “Macho Man”
10 Lateral Barbell Burpees, 5 Rounds of “Macho Man”
[Continue Adding 1 Round of Macho Man]
Barbell: 155 / 105 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Each round of Macho Man should be completed in 1:00 or less.
– “Macho Man”: 3 Power Clean + 3 Front Squats + 3 Push Jerks
– The weight on the bar should be challenging for the push jerks but you should still be able to complete the 3 reps unbroken every round. Reduce the weight if needed.
– The traditional way to break up “Macho Man”: Complete the first 2 power cleans as quick singles. Take a slightly longer break before the 3rd. Complete the 3rd power clean and hold on to complete the rest of the complex unbroken.
– Score: Rounds + Reps. If you complete the round with 5 rounds of “Macho Man” and complete 3 burpees into the next round, your score would be 5+3.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Pace the burpees in a way that will allow you to push the barbell. Stepping up or jumping up from the burpee both are appropriate here as long as there is a 2 foot take off.
2. Stay present and focused on each barbell movement. Take it one movement at a time.
3. You can hold on for unbroken sets of the barbell complex, go for the traditional break up strategy (see stimulus), or complete each piece in unbroken sets with a break between each. Just realize that the more we put the barbell down, the more cleans we’ll need to do.
LATERAL BARBELL BURPEES
– Regular Burpees
– Lateral Burpees Over Dumbbell or Object
– Burpee To Target
“Macho Man” COMPLEX
– Sub Dumbbells or Kettlebells