Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
Grit Squats – Week 5 (Deload Week) (6-6-6-6-6)
3 Pausing Back Squats
3 Front Squats
Rest as needed between sets.
– Super set means that we’ll complete our back squats, quickly change out weights (if needed), and then complete our front squats. There is little to no rest between the front squats and back squats but we’ll rest as much as we need (1-3 Minutes) before completing the next super set.
– Pause 2s in the bottom of each back squat.
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat (both front and back squat barbells).
Set 1 – 60%
Set 2 – 65%
Sets 3+4+5 – 70%
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
30 Air Squats
200 Meter Run
In Time Remaining:
Max Power Snatches (115 / 85 lb)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The barbell should be a weight that we could cycle for 10+ reps when fresh.
– The air squats should take less than 1:00
– The runs should take less than 1:15
– We want to have at LEAST 1:00 on the barbell at the end. If you are still working on the first part at the 9:00 mark, stop where you are and get to work on the snatches.
– Score: Total Power Snatch Reps
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Push the air squats. If we aren’t careful, these can get slow and lazy and add a second to each rep. With the volume of squats here, we need to stay disciplined.
2. Recover during the first 100m of the run, then push the second half when our legs have woken up from the squats.
3. We can cycle the snatches or hit quick singles. Our pace here will really depend on how much time you have when you get there. If you have 2 minutes or more, hit steady singles until the final minute where you can aim to increase your speed. If you have 1 minute, cycle the bar or hit quick singles in order to get as many snatches as possible before time runs out.
– Alternating Lunge
200 METER RUN
– 250m/200m Row
– 200/180m Ski
– 500/450m Bike
– 150m Air Runner