Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
Back Squat Waves (8-6-4-8-6-4-8-6-4)
8 Reps @ 68% of 5RM Back Squat
6 Reps @ 73% of 5RM Back Squat
4 Reps @ 78% of 5RM Back Squat
8 Reps @ 73% of 5RM Back Squat
6 Reps @ 78% of 5RM Back Squat
4 Reps @ 83% of 5RM Back Squat
8 Reps @ 78 % of 5RM Back Squat
6 Reps @ 83% of 5RM Back Squat
4 Reps @ 88% of 5RM Back Squat
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat.
– Score is heaviest load lifted for the day.
Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
Barbell – 95/65 lbs
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The barbell should be light-moderate. We should be able to complete 15+ power snatches and overhead squats unbroken when fresh.
– If you cannot complete 10+ chest to bar pull-ups unbroken when fresh, let’s reduce the reps or modify the movement.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. In the first couplet, let’s aim to complete the snatches in no more than 3 sets on any round. On the pull-ups let’s break things up early on in order to save the grip. Let’s shoot for 2-4 sets every round.
2. In the second couplet, let’s try to hold on for bigger sets on the overhead squats. This means the burpees should be at a recovery pace (with the exception of the last set of 9).
3. What’s more important than flying through the first couplet, is being sure that we are able to perform well in the second couplet. It is better to break more than you think in the first piece.
Chest To Bar Pull-ups
– Chin Over Bar Pull-ups
– 12-9-6 Strict Pull-ups