Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
POSITIONS: OVERHEAD SQUAT (1-1-1-1-1)
1 Tempo Overhead Squat
*5s Down, 5s Pause in Bottom, 5s Stand
Rest as needed between Sets.
– Focus on punching up on the bar and pushing the pinkies in to the bar to help keep the shoulders externally rotated and in a solid position.
– These are menat to be light, technique loads.
Percentages based on 1RM Overhead Squat:
Set 1 – 50% of 1 RM Overhead Squat
Sets 2-5 – 50-65% of 1RM Overhead Squat, base on feel.
Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
“A Thing Or Two”
AMRAP 2 x 6 Rounds:
30 Air Squats
10 Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
Max Squat Snatches (135/95)
Rest 2:00 Between Rounds
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– The weight on the bar should be a moderate load. Something that you could complete 10+ unbroken squat snatches with when fresh.
– We want at least 30s on the bar each round. If you are still working on the gymnastics at the 1:30 mark on any round, let’s move right to the barbell.
– If you cannot complete 20 push-ups unbroken when fresh, let’s reduce the reps to 10-15.
– Score will be total reps of squat snatchs across all 6 rounds.
1. We are looking for hard efforts each round in order to buy us some time on the barbell.
2. Find a steady, fast pace on the air squats.
3. Aim for 1-3 quick sets on the push-ups.
4. Aim for 1-2 sets on the chest to bar.
5. Chip away at singles on the barbell.