Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
Pulling – Snatch (1-1-1-1-1)
Pausing Snatch Deadlift
5 sets of 1 rep with the following pauses during each rep:
2s Off Floor
2s Off Floor
– Looking to build strength in our pull through position today.
– These are 5 single deadlift reps with a total of 7 pauses on the way up and on the way down.
All percentages based on 1RM Snatch:
Set 1 – 70% of 1 RM Snatch
Set 2 – 75% of 1 RM Snatch
Sets 3+4+5 – 80% of 1 RM Snatch
Part A – 5 sets of 3 reps
Use the following tempo during each rep:
Rep 1 – Regular speed up, 4s down
Reps 2+3 – Regular strict presses
Part B – 1 set of Max Reps Strict Press
Drop the weight about 20% from what you finished with on Part A and complete 1 set of max reps
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
30 Wallballs (20/14)
15 Deadlifts (275/185)
– The weight on the barbell should be something you feel confident you could complete 15+ grindy unbroken deadlifts unbroken when fresh.
1. Keep the shoulders and the grip relaxed on the double unders.
2. Aim for 3-4 sets on the wallballs.
3. Aim for 3-4 sets on the deadlifts,
15 minutes us a long time for this triplet. Let’s be smart with our break up strategy and pacing. The double unders are the one place where we are not moving any weights so no need to rush through these reps. The wallballs will feel easy in comparison to the deadlifts but if we bite off a big set, we may be looking at small sets (if not singles) on the deadlifts. Let’s break the wallballs in order to maintain those bigger sets on the barbell.