Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
Pulling – Clean (1-1-1-1-1)
Pausing Clean Deadlift
5 sets of 1:
2s Off Floor
2s Off Floor
Rest As Needed Between Sets
– Looking to build strength in our pull through position holds today.
– These are 5 single deadlift reps with a total of 1 pauses on the way up and on the way down.
– Since this is a clean grip deadlift, let’s be sure we have a double overhead grip on the barbell.
All percentages based on 1RM Clean & Jerk:
Set 1 – 70% of 1RM Clean & Jerk
Set 2 – 75% of 1 RM Clean & Jerk
Set 3+4+5 – 80% of 1 RM Clean & Jerk
*Score if heaviest load lifted.
Bench Press (3-3-3)
3 Sets of 3 Reps
Use the following tempo on each set:
Rep 1 – 4s Down, 2s Pause, Regular Up
Rep 2 – 4s Down, Regular Up
Rep 3 – Regular Bench Press
*Score is heaviest weight lifted.
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
“Handle With Care”
15 Deadlifts (115/85)
15 Hang Power Cleans (115/85)
30 Double Unders
15 Push Jerks (115/85)
– Looking for a weight on the bar that we feel confident we could cycle for 15+ reps of all barbell movements unbroken when fresh.
– Aim is to finish about 3 rounds in the 15 minute window.
1. Relax the grip and breathe on the double unders.
2. Aim for 2-3 sets on the deadlifts. Even though these are the easiest of the movements today, we don’t want big sets on the deads to cause us to break up the hang power cleans and push jerks more than necessary.
3. Aim for 2-3 sets on the hang power cleans. Even though breaking a few times may seem silly, we don’t want to break the push jerks up into more sets than necessary because our sets on the deads and hang power cleans were too large.
4. Let’s see if we can get the push jerks done in 2 sets. This is the movement to push for sets on