Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
Tempo Front Squats
2 Tempo Front Squats
Tempo: 5 Seconds Down (No Pause)
– Looking to build some strength in the front squats throughout this cycle.
– Aim is to pull the torso taller and taller during descent.
– Build by feel on the last set. Form is more important than load.
All percentages based on 1 RM Front Squat:
Set 1 – 50% of 1RM Front Squat
Set 2 – 55% of 1RM Front Squat
Set 3 – 60% of 1RM Front Squat
Sets 4-6 – 60-65% of 1RM Front Squat
Working Through 8 Rounds of 2:00 On, 1:00 Off:
40/30 Calorie Row, 30 Power Cleans (115/85)
40/30 Calorie Row, 30 Front Squats (115/85)
40/30 Calorie Row, 30 Squat Cleans (115/85)
Row – 30/24 Cal Assault Bike, 30/24 Ski Erg, or 400m Run.
– Athletes pick up where they left off in the chipper after each 1:00 rest.
– Score is completion time, including rest periods. There is no rest period to add after the final 2:00 interval. 8 Round Cap. If there are reps still remaining when time expires, add 1 second to your time for every uncompleted rep.
– The weight on the barbell should be something you feel confident in cycling 15+ reps unbroken on all movements when fresh.
1. Find a strong pace on the row but not one that will totally smoke us for the barbell.
2. Let’s aim for quick sets on the barbell. Singles on the power cleans and squat cleans are okay but will not get us very far with such small windows to work. Sets of 3 or more work great.
3. Let’s aim for big sets on the front squats: 8-8-7-7 or 10’s.