Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
Snatch Pull Complex
1 Snatch Grip Tempo Deadlift (4s up, 4s down)
1 Snatch Grip Deadlift
1 Snatch Pull
– Aiming to build some strength in our snatch pull over the course of this cycle.
– Let’s try to keep the hands on the bar for all reps, however, resetting the hips before each lift is okay. We want to move really well so if a break is necessary, we’ll take it.
– Record all 5 sets with your overall score being heaviest lift of the day.
All percentages based on 1 RM Snatch:
Set 1 – 85% of 1RM Snatch
Set 2 – 90% of 1RM Snatch
Set 3 – 95% of 1RM Snatch
Set 4 – 100% of 1RM Snatch
Set 5 – 105% of 1RM Snatch
Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
Push Jerks (135/95)
Chest to Bar Pull-Ups:
– Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– Ring Rows
– Jumping Pull-Ups
– Banded Pull-Ups
– Assault Bike (21-15-9-6)
– Run (500m-400m-300m-200m)
– Ski Erg (21-15-12-6)
– If we cannot yet complete 15+ chest to bar unbroken, let’s reduce the reps slightly to either 18-15-12-9 or 15-12-9-6 or modify the movement.
– The weight on the barbell should be a moderate weight and something we feel confident we could cycle 15+ push jerks unbroken when fresh.
1.) Big focus is big sets on the barbell. Shooting for no more than 3 sets on any round.
2.) Break the chest to bar early and often. It takes little to no time to hop down and shake it out in comparison to how long it will take to drop the barbell and pick it back up and extra time.
3.) Steady pace on the row. Focus on keeping the shoulders down and away from the ears and keeping the grip relaxed. Let the legs do most of the work and let the arms just follow through at the end of each stroke.