Cajun CrossFit – Cajun60
“The Old Block”
50 Wall Balls (20/14)
40 Box Jumps (24/20)
30 Lateral Barbell Burpees
20 Power Snatches (115/85)
1,000 Meter Row
– The barbell load should be something we feel confident in cycling 15+ power snatches unbroken when fresh.
– Wallballs: If you feel confident in bigger sets on these let’s go for it. If you tend to struggle with larger sets, let’s break up the wallballs so that we can attack the burpees later on. Potential break up strategies: 50 UB, 30-20, 25-15-10, 20-15-10-5, 12-11-10-9-8.
– Box Jumps: No matter what your strategy is on the wallballs, let’s take these REALLY easy. Jump up, step down is a great way to go so that we can gear up for the work to come.
– Lateral Barbell Burpees: To make our pace more sustainable, we can step up each burpee with the outtermost leg from the barbell. We could also come up from our burpee the traditional way (both feet come to the outside of the hands), before jumping over the bar with two feet.
– Power Snatches: Small sets, singles, or a mixture of the 2 work great.
– Row: Last station. Let’s aim to ramp up our speed every 250m.